ZEBOX West Africa, 5th innovation hub opening its doors in Ivory Coast
Because innovation is developing everywhere in the world in response to local issues, ZEBOX has promptly opened hubs in high-potential ecosystems, allowing the identification and support of the best projects. After the opening of ZEBOX Caribbean in Guadeloupe and ZEBOX America in Arlington, Virginia, the year 2023 kicked off with the launch of ZEBOX APAC in Singapore. To continue its expansion, this time it is the African continent, more specifically Côte d'Ivoire, that will host ZEBOX’s 5th hub.
As a true economic powerhouse of the region, home to two major ports on the continent, the ecosystem of Côte d'Ivoire is experiencing significant development. The government is deeply committed to supporting entrepreneurs and is actively pursuing various initiatives.
Cote D’Ivoire is one of the leading forces and possesses the strongest industrial base within the West AfricanMonetary and Economic Union UEMOA. Furthermore, the entrepreneurial ecosystem is rapidly developing, but there are still very few specialized support structures. Abidjan is therefore an ideal location to launch ZEBOX in West Africa. We will provide entrepreneurs in the region with a conducive environment for development, along with a network of partners and investors that will enable them to access funding, talent, and business opportunities with industry leaders," explains Joseph Olivier Biley, Head of ZEBOX WEST AFRICA and successful entrepreneur.
On the occasion of the inauguration, ZEBOX and the minister of Communication and Digital Economy of the Republic ofCote D’Ivoire have announced a collaboration to promote and support the development of Ivorian startups.
The community of ZEBOX is growing with 8 startups and 3 partnering sponsors
During the inauguration, ZEBOX WestAfrica has presented its very first partners:
- B. transport International is specialized in the transportation and logistics, particularly the transport of minerals, agricultural products, and goods.
- IFG Afrique has been established in Cote d'Ivoire since 2019. It is a higher education institution, a subsidiary of the OMNES EDUCATION group, the leading private higher education group in France. IFG Afrique is committed to training executives and leaders on the continent.
- PLASTICA CI is an Ivorian industrial company founded in 1999 in the plastics sector. Its mission is to provide innovative plastic industry products to its market and customers.
The first wave of 8 startups in the fields of logistics, mobility, and addressing local challenges was also unveiled:
- Docaya is an online and clinic care platform designed for African countries.
- Etudesk is an EdTech startup whose mission is to make training accessible to tomorrow's professionals.
- EV. Tech is the first African charging infrastructure for electric mobility.
- Jobo provides a recruitment and temporary worker management solution in West Africa.
- Kemet Automotive is a pan-African automotive company with global ambitions, designing and manufacturing electric vehicles in Africa for the world.
- Trigger's Reports LTD combines IoT technology with satellite mapping and OSINT security to provide risk intelligence services to businesses operating in Africa.
- TWENDE transforms daily public transportation into a reliable experience.
- UgoRent is a platform for short and long-term vehicle rentals.
Le Phare, the social incubator of the CMA CGM Foundation, is also setting up with its 4 startups at ZEBOX West Africa.
ZEBOX West Africa will be hosting LePhare, that is already present in Marseille and Pointe-à-Pitre, since June 1st.
The first cohort consists of four startups: Bii, Le Pass Santé, Mousso, Les icônes de Kimia, TG Master, StudioKa. These companies all offer innovative solutions to significant challenges in the Ivorian territory and address concerns shared by the CMA CGM Foundation, such as the need to facilitate access to education for all and prepare vulnerable populations for crises.
The project owners will receive free support for a period of 9 months.
"The CMA CGM Group has been committed to the economic development of Cote d'Ivoire for over 20 years. ZEBOX and Le Phare are additional initiatives of the Group along with its Foundation that will support talented entrepreneurs in the region," says Xavier Collignon, General Manager of CMA CGM Cote d'Ivoire. "We are determined to foster virtuous synergies between these startups and our global network by facilitating access to industry experts and international markets through our agency network. Lastly, we will share the strategic challenges of a group likeCMA CGM to stimulate co-innovation."